Courses by Program
|Course Code||Credit||Terms Offered||Instructors||Course Delivery|
Alison J. Martin is the assessment and evaluation coordinator for the Oregon Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Needs, the state’s Title V block grant agency for children and youth with special health care needs. She is also an evaluation consultant to OHSU’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.
She was a senior social science analyst in the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s Applied Research and Methods team, a research analyst with the Oregon Health Authority’s Maternal and Child Health section, and a senior research associate at RMC Research Corporation. She currently collaborates with nonprofit organizations, providing program evaluation and evaluation capacity building consultation.
Her interests have focused on program evaluation and applied research design and methods, typically of community-based interventions that promote youth wellbeing. Currently, she works on projects that assess the needs of, and promote care coordination for, Oregon children with special health care needs.
B.S., Michigan State University, 1994
M.A., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1999
Ph.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 2003
Awards and Honors
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs Region X Emerging MCH Professional Award, 2018
- U.S. General Accounting Office Applied Research and Methods Team Above and Beyond Incentive Award, 2006
- U.S. General Accounting Office Defense Capabilities and Management Team Above and Beyond Incentive Award, 2006
- U.S. General Accounting Office Financial Markets and Community Investment Team Above and Beyond Incentive Award, 2005, 2006
- U.S. General Accounting Office Information Technology Team Incentive Award, 2003
- Psi Chi, National Honor Society of Psychology (1995-Present)
- US Dept of Health & Human Services, Health Research & Services Administration, Sept 1, 2014 – Aug 31, 2017, Enhancing the System of Services for Oregon’s Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs. Role: Principal Investigator (2016-2017), Program Evaluator (2014-2017)
- Multnomah county SUN Service System, June 2016, Multicultural Feedback on Multnomah County SUN School Food Pantries, Role: Data Analysis Consultant
- Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force, December 2014-January 2015, Program Evaluation Consultation for Oregon SATF, Role: Program Evaluation Technical Assistance Consultant
- Oregon Sexual Assault Task Force, December 2013-April 2014, Program Evaluation Technical Assistance for Oregon CDC Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) Grantees, Role: Program Evaluation Technical Assistance Consultant
- US Dept of Health & Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration via Manila Consulting, December 2005-November 2012, National Evaluation of the Safe Schools/Healthy Students Federal Initiative, Role: Associate Director, RMC Research Corp. Subcontract