Year-long Planning Schedule
Courses by Program
|Course Code||Credit||Terms Offered||Instructors||Course Delivery|
Michelle Berlin is co-director of the OHSU Center for Women’s Health and vice chair of Public Health and Faculty Development in Obstetrics and Gynecology at OHSU. She is also a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology at the OHSU School of Medicine, and a professor at the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health.
Berlin is program director of the Center for Women’s Health’s Policy Advisory Towards Health (PATH for women), which focuses on health policy issues within women’s health. She is also a primary author, in partnership with the National Women’s Law Center, of “Making the Grade on Women’s Health: A National and State-by-State Report Card.”
Her research and clinical interests converge in addressing screening and prevention services for women, especially for minority and disadvantaged populations. Her clinical work focuses on Pap screening and follow-up evaluation of abnormal Pap smears for the prevention of cervical cancer.
A.B., University of California, Berkeley, Microbiology and Immunology, 1980
M.P.H., University of California Berkeley, School of Public Health, 1982
M.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 1986
Awards and Honors
- 2013, OHSU Distinguished Lecturer Award
- 2012, Doris H. Merritt, M.D., Lectureship in Women’s Health, Indiana University National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, Indianapolis, Ind.
- 2009, Women Leaders of Oregon, NEW Leadership Oregon, Center for Women, Politics and Policy, PSU
- Oregon Community Cancer Research Collaborative (OR-CCRC); CDC; co-Investigator; 9/11/2014-8/30/2018; 5% effort.
- Estimating the Marginal Effects and Lifetime Costs of Sexual Violence Against Women in the United States; CDC; Principal Investigator (subaward) 10/2012-9/2014; 1% effort.
- Evidence-Based Practice II: Faculty & Curriculum (Western States Chiropractic College; NIH; Michelle Berlin, Principal Investigator (subaward); 8/1/2009-6/30/2013; 10% effort.
- Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute (OCTRI); “The Oregon Health & Science University Human Investigations Program,” NIH; Michelle Berlin, Course Director; Eric Orwoll Principal Investigator; 7/1/2006-2015; 5% effort.
- Evidence-Based Care: Faculty & Curriculum Development (Western States Chiropractic College); NIH Anne Nedrow, Principal Investigator (subaward); 8/01/2005-7/31/2009; Instructor; 1/1/2008-7/31/2009. 1.5% effort.
- OHSU Human Investigations Program (HIP); NIH; Cynthia Morris, Principal Investigator, 9/1/2005-8/31/2006; 5% effort.
- National Centers of Excellence in Women’s Health; Department of Health and Human Services; Michelle Berlin, Principal Investigator; $1,462,140; 9/30/2003-9/29/2007; 50% effort.
- OHSU Human Investigations Program (HIP); NIH; Cynthia Morris, Principal Investigator; 9/1/2002-8/31/2005; 5% effort.