Courses by Program
|Course Code||Credit||Terms Offered||Instructors||Course Delivery|
Rongwei (Rochelle) Fu is the director of the biostatistics education program and a professor of biostatistics in the School of Public Health. She’s also a professor in the Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology at OHSU. She advises School of Public Health biostatistics students in the M.S., M.P.H. and Graduate Certificate programs.
Fu collaborates extensively with OHSU investigators and has published often. She has been the lead biostatistician for the Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine at the Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center, and at OHSU’s Research Center for Gender-Based Medicine.
Fu has provided statistical support and methodology development for many systematic reviews and comparative effectiveness review projects, including those for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, the drug effectiveness review project, the Effective Health Care program and other professional societies. These reviews have been used to develop clinical guidelines or inform health policy decisions.
M.S., Botany, Shandong Normal University, P. R. China, 1995
B.S., Biology, Shandong Normal University, P. R. China, 1992
Ph.D. , Plant Science, University of Connecticut, 2000
Ph.D., Statistics, University of Connecticut, 2003
Awards and Honors
- 2015, Finalist, OHSU Faculty Senate Research Award
- 2013, Department Chair’s Award on Excellence in Research, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- 2011, Department Chair’s Award on Excellence in Research, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- 5R01 CA137488 (Neuwelt) 04/04/14-03/31/19 NIH/NCI Two Compartment Models to Improve Brain Tumor Therapy Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- 24806 (Neuwelt) 11/01/10-12/31/16 OHSU Foundation Title: Walter S. & Lucienne Driskill Foundation: Blood-Brain Barrier Research, Training and Outreach at OHSU Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- K12HL108974 (Newgard) 07/01/12-6/30/17 NIH/NHLBI Oregon Multidisciplinary Training Program in Emergency Medicine Clinical Research Role: Statistical Mentor
- HHSA 290-2015-00009-I, EPC V, TO#05 (McDonagh) 01/26/2016 – 03/28/2017 AHRQ Treatments for Adults with Schizophrenia Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- HHSA 290-2015-00009-I, EPC V, TO 6 (Chou) 08/01/2016 – 05/08/2017 AHRQ Naloxone Guidelines for Emergency Medical Technicians Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- HHSA 290-2015-00009-I, EPC V, TO 8 (Totten) 09/26/2016 – 09/18/2017 AHRQ Telehealth for Acute and Chronic Consultation Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- HHSA 290-2015-00009-I, EPC V, TO 9 (Chou) 09/20/2016 – 12/19/2017 AHRQ Non-Pharmacological Treatment for Pain Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician
- HHSA 290-2015-00009-I, EPC V, TO 11 (Totten) 10/20/2016 – 09/14/2017 AHRQ Physiologic Predictors of the Need for Trauma Center Care Role: Co-investigator/Biostatistician