Courses by Program
|Course Code||Credit||Terms Offered||Instructors||Course Delivery|
Dr. Sara Schwanke Khilji has a secondary faculty appointment in the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health (SPH) as an Assistant Professor in the online Public Health Practice programs. In this role her work includes teaching courses, mentoring students, and collaborating on research with primary faculty. She has taught graduate level courses for the School of Public Health since 2017, serving as primary instructor for the online elective “Global Perspectives and Program Development” and as guest lecturer for other courses.
A native of Oregon, Dr. Schwanke Khilji’s interests in community health, research, and education have given her the opportunity to serve in a variety of international settings. She has worked largely in Asia, including in Thailand, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka. She holds a Master’s Degree in Public Health and completed her residency training in Internal Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital with a focus on Primary Care. Sara’s scholarly interests include women’s health, health policy, and the growing burden of non-communicable disease globally.
In addition to her contributions to SPH, Dr. Schwanke Khilji also has a faculty appointment in the OHSU School of Medicine. She is also actively involved in medical education at OHSU, and was previously responsible for developing and implementing the first clinical sub-internship program in Malaysia. When not working on the wards at the University hospital as a member of the Clinical Hospitalist Service, she is based in Bangkok, Thailand coordinating educational collaborations with OHSU Global’s partners in Southeast Asia.
B.A., Williams College, 2003
M.P.H., Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, 2007
M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, 2008
- Coker R, Khan MS, Schwanke Khilji SU, Watson S, Zaw Myo Tun, Yoong J. Emerging Disease Control Priorities in a Transitioning Health System: A Situational Assessment of Tuberculosis Control in Myanmar. Health Policy & Planning. (accepted).
- Khan MS*, Schwanke Khilji SU*, Saw S, Coker RJ. Evidence to Inform Resource Allocation for Tuberculosis Control in Myanmar: a Systematic Review Based on the SYSRA Framework. 2017 Health Pol Plan 32(1):102-109. *joint first authors
- Phua KH, Yap MT, Schwanke Khilji, S, Lee HP. Development of Public Health in Countries in Economic Transition: The Higher Middle-Income Countries. In ‘Oxford Textbook of Public Health, 6th Edition.’ R Detels, M Gulliford, QA Karim, and CC Tan (2015) Oxford University Press.
- Schwanke Khilji SU, Thorndike, A. Obesity. In ‘Pocket Primary Care’ Kiefer, MM; Chong, CR(2014) Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Schwanke Khilji SU, Chong CR, Sykes D. Folate & Vitamin B12 Deficiency. In ‘Pocket Primary Care’ Kiefer, MM; Chong, CR(2014) Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Schwanke Khilji SU, Simmons L. Breast Disease. In ‘Pocket Primary Care’ Kiefer, MM; Chong, CR(2014) Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.