Elena Andresen was appointed interim provost for OHSU on Oct. 1, 2016, and appointed Executive Vice President and Provost on June 1st, 2017. She previously served as interim dean of the School of Public Health, from May 2014 to September 2016, and continues as professor of epidemiology at the School of Public Health. Andresen continues to collaborate as an investigator of the Oregon Office on Disability and Health at OHSU. The office has a long history at OHSU of working on behalf of Oregonians with disability and their families.
Andresen joined OHSU in 2011 after serving as professor and the founding chair of the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Florida College of Public Health and Health Professions. She is an experienced epidemiologist who received additional training in health services research. Her recent work has focused on aging and the public health outcomes of disability across the lifespan, along with methods and measures for health services outcomes research.
M.A., University of Washington, 1976
Ph.D., University of Washington, 1991
Awards and Honors
- 2011, Allan Meyers Award, American Public Health Association Disability Section, 2011
- 2010, Member Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health (Beta Upsilon Chapter)
- 2000, Honorary Member, Pi Theta Epsilon, OT Honor Society (Beta Gamma Chapter)
- 1995, Alumni Award for Excellence in Graduate Education, University of Rochester
- 1988, Matrix Table Award for Campus Achievement, Women in Communications, Inc.