Jeffrey T. Jensen is the Leon Speroff Professor and vice chair for research in the Department of Ob/Gyn and a professor of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at OHSU. He is also the director of the Women’s Health Research Unit at OHSU and a senior scientist at the Oregon National Primate Research Center.
Jensen is currently the principal investigator at OHSU of the federally funded Contraception Clinical Trials Network. At the primate research center, he is co-principal investigator of the federally funded U-54 Contraception Development Research Center, and the director of the Oregon Permanent Contraception Research Center. His lab investigates novel contraceptive strategies using the nonhuman primate model. Research collaborations include his work as a consulting scientist and member of the International Committee for Contraception Research of the Population Council.
Jensen is also the editor of Ob/Gyn Clinical Alert and as deputy editor for the journal Contraception.
B.S., Stanford University, 1980
M.D., Emory University, 1984
M.P.H., University of Washington, 1997
Awards and Honors
- 1997, Chief Resident Teaching Award
- 1996, APGO Excellence in Teaching Award
- 1994, CREOG National Faculty Award
- 201405-01-2018/04/30 P51 OD011092, NIH/OD ROBERTSON, JOE (PI) Support for Oregon National Primate Research Center The major goal of this project is to support the operation of the Oregon National Primate Research Center. Role: Senior Scientist
- 2012/09/01-2017/06/30 NIH/NICHD U54 HD055744, NIH STOUFFER, RICHARD L. (PI) Contraception by Blockade of Periovulatory Events in Primates – Control of Oocyte Maturation. The goal of this U54 Center is to target the discovery and development of novel contraceptive agents that prevent one or more periovulatory events in adult, female primates during the menstrual cycle. Role: Co-Investigator
- 2014/09/19-2017/09/18 HHSN275201300008I, Contraceptive Clinical Trials Network JENSEN, JEFFREY T. (PI) Clinical Evaluation of Novel Products for Female Contraception Main Study (TO5) Role: PI
- 2013/07/16-2016/01/15 HHSN275201300008I, Contraceptive Clinical Trials Network JENSEN, JEFFREY T. (PI) TO2 Low Dose Acetate: A Multi-Center Randomized Study to Evaluate the Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Profile, Contraceptive Efficacy and Safety of Daily Oral Low Dose Ulipristal Acetate Role: PI
- 2014/11/01-2017/12/31 OPP1118762, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation JENSEN, JEFFREY T. (PI) Oregon Permanent Contraception Research Center (OPERM) A research center to study approaches to female nonsurgical permanent contraception (NSPC). Role: PI
¹ CEPH Primary Instructional Faculty
² CEPH Non-Primary Instructional Faculty