More than 150 experienced faculty from diverse backgrounds.
More than 150 faculty members work within the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health. They have a wide range of expertise, from monitoring and assessing health risks and opportunities in populations, to helping build health-supporting social environments through policy, advocacy, and programs. They are educators, advisors, researchers, practitioners and community leaders. They come from backgrounds in quantitative, behavioral, environmental and social sciences, policy and government, exercise and health sciences and anthropology, among many other areas. They all work in collaboration with each other and with community partners, and are especially focused on the training and education of future leaders and practitioners in the public health fields.
- Faculty by Program
- Applied Health & Fitness
- Community Health
- Environmental Systems & Human Health
- Health Management & Policy
- Health Promotion
- Health Studies
- Health Systems & Policy
- Primary Health Care & Health Disparities
- Public Health Practice
Yiyi Chen MA, MS, PhDAssociate Professor Biostatistics
Dr. Yiyi Chen has a faculty appointment in the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health as an Associate Professor in the graduate level Biostatistics programs. Dr. Chen teaches two courses in the Biostatistics programs.
In addition to her commitment to the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health (SPH), Dr. Chen also has a research faculty appointment in the OHSU School of Medicine’s Department of Radiation Medicine, Knight Cancer Institute (KCI), and the Oregon Clinical & Translational Research Institute (OCTRI). She has been an active member contributing to research projects, lecturing and mentoring students, and providing service to OHSU and professional communities. Dr. Chen has been serving as member in CRRC and DSMC for KCI, working closely with clinical investigators on grant application, protocol development and data analysis.
Her primary research interests are the design and analysis of clinical trials, Bayesian methods, machine learning techniques, adaptive design and computational statistics.
B.A., Zhejiang University, 1998
M.A., Fudan University, 2001
M.A., University of Iowa, 2004
M.S., University of Iowa, 2005
Ph.D., University of Iowa, 2008
Awards and Honors
- 2015, Outstanding Reviewer (Contemporary Clinical Trials)
- 2008, student scholarship for excellent research from Society for Clinical Trials
- 2007, University of Iowa Graduate Summer Fellowship
- 2007, Charles B. Sampson Student Poster Award 1st Place, 30th Annual Midwest Biopharmaceutical Statistics Workshop, Muncie, Ind.
- 1U01 CA154602 (Huang and Ryan) 9/01/2011 – 8/31/2016
- 1 UL1 RR024140-01 (Orwoll, Eric) 7/01/2011 – 06/30/2016
- VA (RR&D) Merit Review (Bourdette, Dennis) 7/01/2012 –6/30/2017
- 5 UL1 TR000128 09 3/01/2015 – 6/30/2016
- Valvano Foundation Translational Award (Alexander Guimaraes) 10/01/2015 – 9/30/2018
- 1 R01 CA120861-01A2 Huang (PI) 09/17/2007 -07/31/2010
- OCTRI/Knight Cancer Institute pilot project funding Chen (PI) 12/01/2009 – 11/30/2010
- 7005-11 Specialized Center of Research (Druker, Brian) 10/1/2010 – 9/30/2015