Dear 2020 Graduates,
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health!
Although Oregon’s social distancing rules prevent us from holding traditional graduation ceremonies, our partner universities will each be holding remote ceremonies to honor graduates, beginning with the OHSU Graduate Student Convocation at 10:00 am on Sunday, June 7 and, a week later, a celebration for all SPH graduating students at the PSU Commencement at 11:00 am on Sunday, June 14.
ALL graduating students from the School of Public Health are encouraged to attend a special SPH celebration during PSU’s Commencement Ceremony on June 14. Join us for this virtual graduation featuring our students and faculty; keynote speaker Rachael Banks, Public Health Director for Multnomah County Health Department; a tribute to our PhD graduates, and a poetry reading from Dr. Ryan Petteway.
Commencement will begin at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 14. Simply go to the PSU Commencement page and click the link to the School of Public Health’s ceremony.
In addition, PSU speakers include:
- Stephen Percy, President
- Susan Jeffords, Provost
- Eric Brown, ’97 Masters of Public Health, President, PSU Alumni Association Board of Directors
Graduate and PhD students, we encourage you to also attend the OHSU Convocation ceremony on June 7, where SPH graduate Chelsea Peterson will be singing the national anthem and Dr. Joan Y. Reede of Harvard Medical School will be the keynote speaker. Dr. Reede is Harvard Medical School’s inaugural dean for diversity and community partnership and is known for creating programs that mentor and support minority physicians and female physicians.
Convocation will commence at 10 a.m. on Sunday, June 7. Click the link to the O2 calendar entry, and add this important event to your online calendar.
This year’s keynote speaker is Dr. Joan Reede of Harvard. Other speakers include:
- Danny Jacobs, President
- Wayne Monfries, Chair of OHSU Board
- Elena Andresen, Provost
- Karen Eden, President, Faculty Senate
- Taylor Vega, President, All-Hill Student Council
Apply to Graduate
The School of Public Health graduates students each Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer term. Students who expect to complete all of their academic program’s degree requirements must apply online to graduate.
- Students who register through PSU, apply to graduate using published deadline and pay the PSU graduation fee.
- Students who register through OHSU apply to graduate in SIS one term prior to completing all degree requirements and pay the OHSU graduation fee.
- Dual degree students who register through OHSU submit an Application for Dual Degree Form one term prior to completing all degree requirements and pay the OHSU graduation fee.
Final official transcripts will be released by the Registrar’s Office only after degree verification is complete and all institutional obligations have been satisfied.
2020 Graduation Ceremonies
All 2020 graduation ceremonies will be held virtually in June. OHSU, PSU, and the School of Public Health are working on plans to develop celebrations that appropriately recognize the achievements of our graduates.
Save the Dates!
• OHSU’s virtual Convocation ceremony will be held on Sunday, June 7, at 10 am.
• PSU’s virtual Commencement ceremony will be held on Sunday, June 14, at 11 am.
• The School of Public Health will hold a virtual celebration for our graduates on Sunday, June 14, as part of PSU Commencement.