If you have questions about the program please email email@example.com
The undergraduate certificate in Human Lactation offers comprehensive lactation training for:
- Students who want to improve their lactation skills,
- Non-health professionals who want to become certified as International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC),
- Health professionals who want to become certified as International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC),
- Students wishing to seek a bachelor’s degree in Public Health Studies,
- Students interested in politics, policy and research from the perspective of improving maternal and infant health outcomes.
Completion of the Lactation Pathway enables students to sit for the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) exam. IBCLC designation enables students to provide advanced practice clinical lactation care for families in a variety of settings.
Watch this video to hear about how Liz decided to make a career change and work toward becoming a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). You can learn more about her lactation journey at this YouTube channel or on PSU Media Space. Let us know if you feel these videos are helpful. We would love to have your feedback.