With a graduate degree in Health Systems Management and Policy, you can help shape the health care institutions and health systems of the future.
Health Management & Policy
The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health (SPH) has made a significant impact on the health systems and policies of Oregon, which is a national leader in health care reform. Our graduate degrees in Health Systems Management and Policy build on a decades-long tradition of innovation and groundbreaking research, equipping you for leadership careers in government administration, nonprofit advocacy, research, education, health services delivery, and related fields.
By earning your Health Systems Management and Policy graduate degree at the OHSU-PSU SPH, you will become part of a dynamic culture that fuses the energy of two institutions: a world-class academic health center (OHSU), and a community-engaged research university (PSU) with nationally renowned graduate programs in social work, public administration, urban affairs, and other disciplines. That combination yields creative, interdisciplinary partnerships that give rise to new models for Health Systems Management and Policy. It also allows you to get involved in major research projects and reform initiatives, while interacting with stakeholders from throughout the health system.
We offer an MPH in Health Management and Policy, a Ph.D. in Health Systems and Policy, and a dual MPH/MSW in Health Management and Policy/Social Work.
All three programs excel because of their:
- Deep community engagement, with an emphasis on solving real-world health system challenges.
- Exceptional faculty who combine academic expertise with high-level achievements in designing, implementing, and evaluating health system reforms.
- Commitment to equitable, socially just health systems that serve all populations.
- Diverse community partnerships with consumer advocates, government administrators, health services practitioners, health system administrators, policy analysts, nonprofit activists, academicians, researchers, and other stakeholders.
- Tight-knit culture that fosters supportive relationships among faculty and students.
- High-profile contributions to health reform at the local, state, and national levels.
- Direct access to OHSU’s medical health and scientific experts, and PSU’s leading scholars in public policy, urban affairs, and the social sciences.
Dual MPH & Masters in Social Work
As a stand-alone degree, our Health Management and Policy MPH already has a strong social justice orientation, with a focus on ensuring access to high quality health services for all. You can further amplify this component by pairing the MPH with an MSW from PSU’s nationally ranked School of Social Work.
In addition to specific training in health management, policy, and research, you will gain perspectives on eliminating systems of oppression, racial and ethnic discrimination, economic inequities, and advancing programs for social and political justice. Both the MPH in Health Management and Policy and the Master of Social Work include extensive field work and community engagement in their curricula. By leveraging overlapping coursework, the dual program can be completed in three years, one year less than the time it would take to earn the MPH and MSW, separately.
Accreditations & Rankings
The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Program Requirements & Guide
To see all of the graduate program guides for an overview of degree requirements and current programs of study, visit the MPH and MS Requirements page.
MPH / MSW Program Requirements Guide
Graduate Admissions Specialist
APPLY TO THE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Take the next steps and apply to our MPH in Health Management & Policy / Masters Social Work dual degree program.
Learn about the application process and requirements for applying to the Masters of Public Health in Health Management & Policy and MSW.Apply Now