The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health New Student VIRTUAL Orientation
was held on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Early Morning Session: Welcome and Introduction to the School of Public Health
View the Recording
- Meet your new Dean and faculty
- Learn more about each other and the School. You’ll learn how to navigate the School and where to find the important information you need to help make your experience at SPH rewarding and successful.
Mid-Morning Session: Introduction to SPH Social Justice Framework
- Social justice and health equity are central to our mission at SPH. In this special session, you’ll hear from our Associate Dean of Social Justice and learn about the School’s Anti-Racism Initiative.
- Please prepare for this important group discussion by reviewing the reading material below:
- Portland, the Whitest City in America
- Open letter sent from SPH students to SPH Leadership Team in May 2020
- Dean Bangsberg’s message to the school about the antiracism initiative
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad (Available through the PSU library or other library systems. You are not required or expected to buy this book.)
Midday: Lunch break and opportunity to visit online breakouts with representatives from Student Organizations and Clubs that you heard from earlier in the morning.
- Public Health Student Organization
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Bridges Collaborative Care Clinic
Afternoon: Program-specific break-out sessions