Promoting a healthy, equitable society
Our School of Public Health will lead in advancing a healthy, equitable society through community engagement, education, research, scholarship, and service.
Educate future public health leaders and advance public health scholarship and practice in collaboration with our communities to promote health and social equity
Uniting the cultures and resources of Oregon Health & Science University and Portland State University, the School of Public Health educates future public health leaders and advances public health scholarship through creative research, innovative educational practices, and sustained engagement with community partners.
The values of the School of Public Health guide our community-engaged education, research, scholarly, and service activities.
We believe in:
- Inclusion: promoting diversity, equity, and cultural humility in our institutions and communities
- Innovation: uniting the strengths of our two institutions through creative education, research, and sustained community engagement
- Integration: connecting perspectives, strategies, and methods across institutions, disciplines, and communities
- Integrity: practicing ethical principles, transparency, and empathy
- Impact: advancing health, justice, and social equity in our city, state, and the world
Goal 1: Education
Prepare, support, and advance the present and future public health workforce.
Goal 2: Scholarship & Creative Activity
Create knowledge that drives action through exploration, translation, and implementation.
Goal 3: Engagement
Create and sustain effective community-academic partnerships that advance education, scholarship, and service.
Goal 4: Healthy and Sustainable Organization
Provide a strong foundation of resources that encourages the SPH community to develop and prosper.