The Lactation Practicum is required for students in Pathway 2 who wish to sit for the IBCLE exam.
Practicum is by application only and limited based on the number of available clinical sites each year.
Students are eligible to apply:
- Once they have completed the IBCLE Health Education Requirements, or are a Recognized Health Professional
- They have completed the Lactation Education 1,2,3 courses offered at OHSU-PSU SPH.
Degree seeking students that wish to use the Lactation Practicum to meet internship requirements should be prepared with backup internship plan.
Please speak with Lactation and Undergraduate Advisors for more information.
If you have questions about the program please email email@example.com
The Pathway 2 Program is CAAHEP accredited.
Practicum Application and Key Dates
2019-20 Practicum Cohort Key Dates – Please note. These dates are tentative and subject to change.
Practicum Info Session: April 11th, 6:30. On-line
Applications Available: April 12th
Applications Due: May 31st
Interviews: June 17,18,19
Acceptance Letters offered: July 19th
2017-18 Required paperwork: Aug 30th
In-person weekend for Practicum Cohort: Oct. 5th and 6th
Clinical Rotations begin: Oct. 7th
The practicum has fees beyond that for the course itself. The approximate cost is between $100-$200.
- Background Check & Drug Screen
- TB Screen
- Basic Life Support
- ID fees
All students are required to:
- Pass a background check, including 10 panel drug screen
- Provide documentation of updated vaccines/titers.
- Provide documentation of recent TB screen
- Obtain a Basic Life Support certification.
Students can expect to spend an average of two days per week at their clinical site. Site location and schedule are based on availability and may change from term to term.
In addition to clinical rotation, students will meet with the clinical instructor weekly for 1.5 hours remotely. There will also be a required in-person meeting on a weekend, once per quarter.