Lisa Marriott is a learning and memory researcher and Associate Director of Let’s Get Healthy!, an education and research exhibit that uses health information technology to assess health behaviors and provide immediate, tailored feedback to individuals. The program earned the 2015 Technology Award from the Society of Public Health Education.
Marriott leads teacher professional development programs, most recently on epigenetics, with accompanying published articles in teaching journals that describe lessons and activities for teaching new areas of science to middle and high school students. Her research investigates student pursuance of science careers as well as health-related decision-making using informatics-based approaches.
Marriott also serves as co-director of the OHSU Evaluation Core, where she provides technical assistance and evaluation consultations to researchers and community organizations on educational and health outcomes-focused projects. She has completed two postdoctoral fellowships at OHSU – in physiology and pharmacology and in science education.
B.A., Neuroscience, University of Virginia, 1999
Ph.D., Neuroscience, University of Arizona, 2004
Post-doc, Neuroscience, University of Arizona, 2004
Post-doc, Physiology & Pharmacology, Oregon Health & Science Universtiy, 2004-2007
Post-doc, Science Education, Oregon Health & Science University, 2007-2009
Awards and Honors
- 2019, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching & Mentorship
- 2015, Technology Award from the Society of Public Health Education
- R25 OD010496 (Marriott, LK) 04/01/2012-03/31/2017 NIH/ Office of the Director CHIDR Chatter: Translating community research data for classroom use, Role: Principal Investigator
- P30 CA069533 (Druker, B) 06/01/09-09/27/18 NIH/ National Cancer Institute) Administrative Supplements to Expand NCI-supported Community Outreach Capacity through Community Health Educators (CHE) of the National Outreach, Role: Co-Investigator
- BDMS/OHSU International Collaboration (Denny, J.) 12/1/2014-6/30/19 Let’s Get Healthy! Thailand Expansio, Role: Collaborator
- Oregon Health Authority (Fagnan, LJ and McConnell, J, PIs) 6/1/2016-8/1/2017 Sustainable Relationships for Community Health (SRCH) 2016, Role: Evaluator
To learn more about my ongoing research and other work, please visit my personal website.
¹ CEPH Primary Instructional Faculty
² CEPH Non-Primary Instructional Faculty