Apply Now: MPH in Epidemiology (SOPHAS)
- December 1 – Priority application deadline for Fall matriculation
- Feb 1 – Final application deadline for Fall matriculation
- Program description, outline, and contact information
- Successful completion of at least one undergraduate-level statistics course from an accredited academic institution.
- Conferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution with a final, cumulative, minimum GPA of 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale.
- Official GRE score taken in last 5 years that meet the minimum requirement: Verbal 153; Quantitative 148; Analytic Writing 4.5. Acceptable substitutes to a GRE is an MCAT score of at least 8 in each category.
- TOEFL Paper-based 550; Computer-based 213; Internet-based 80 (overall) / 18 (reading & writing).
- MPH applicants who accepted an offer to study at the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health are required to complete a background check. New students will be prompted to complete the background check information after the new student’s name and email address are provided to the vendor by Admissions. The cost is paid for by the student (from $35 and up) and the process can take several days to several weeks to complete. Only the “Approved” or “Not Approved” results are communicated with Admissions; background check details are confidential and remain with the vendor performing this review.
- A personal statement (approximately 500 words) addressing areas of research interests; career goals; relevant experiences in teaching, research, publishing, and/or volunteering; and how this program connects to academic and professional goals.
- Official transcript from any higher education institution attended.
- Official GRE scores from testing center (GRE SOPHAS Code: 1045); acceptable substitute is official MCAT scores.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s potential for success in this program.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- All applicants with foreign degrees are required to obtain a WES ICAP course-by-course credential evaluation.
- Official TOEFL scores, if the applicant does not speak English as a native language and has not received a graduate or undergraduate degree in an English-speaking territory.