- December 1 – Early application deadline and decisions provided by end of January.
- February 1 – Decisions provided by mid-March.
- March 15 – Final application deadline and decisions provided by end of April.
The MPH in Epidemiology Admissions Committee considers each applicant holistically, on the basis of all components in the application. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. Successful applicants typically demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong quantitative ability, assessed based on grades in math or statistics coursework, success in advanced mathematics, quantitative courses, GRE quantitative scores, or in applied experience.
- Career goals aligned with MPH in Epidemiology.
- Conferred Undergraduate Degree from an accredited or governmentally – recognized university
- One college level math course
- A personal statement (approximately 500 words) addressing career goals; professional interests and experiences, and how the program will help you achieve your professional goals.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s potential success in this program, and prospects for a career in public health. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide at least one recommendation letter from an academic source (e.g., former instructor or advisor), who can speak to the applicant’s prior academic performance.
- Official transcript from all higher education institutions attended. (OHSU and PSU transcripts are also required for current and prior students).
- Standardized test scores (one of the following)
- All applicants with foreign degrees are required to obtain a WES ICAP course-by-course credential evaluation.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores, if the applicant does not speak English as a native language and has not received a graduate or undergraduate degree in an English-speaking territory. The scores must be less than two years old.
- Applicants who accepted an offer to study at the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health are required to complete a background check. New students will be prompted to complete the background check information after the new student’s name and email address are provided to the vendor by Admissions.
- The cost is paid for by the applicant (from $35 and up) and the process can take several days to several weeks to complete. Only the “Approved” or “Not Approved” results are communicated with Admissions; background check details are confidential and remain with the vendor performing this review.