Graduate Certificate in Public Health offers professional expertise in a convenient, flexible format.
In the Graduate Certificate in Public Health, you will gain applied knowledge that enhances your ability to engage stakeholders, identify community needs, gather data, design and implement programs and policies, lead organizations, and collaborate across disciplines.
Type of Students
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health program is ideal for:
- Professionals with full-time careers: doctors, nurses, social workers, educators, nonprofit personnel, government officials, hospital administrators, and others whose work involves advancing the public’s health.
- Full-time students living in or near metropolitan Portland or those who live outside the Portland metropolitan area, especially those in rural areas of the Pacific Northwest.
- Graduate students in other fields (medicine, law, and social work, ect.) who seek to add a public health lens to their work, through a graduate certificate in public health.
Online Graduate Certificate In Public Health
The OHSU-PSU SPH’s online Public Health Certificate program caters to professionals already working in public health and related fields, including medicine, social work, public administration, and social services. You will develop academic grounding in statistical methods, epidemiology, environmental and occupational health, and health care delivery. The Graduate Certificate in Public Health is designed to be completed in one year.
The online certificate allows you to:
- Serve populations that bear a disproportionate share of society’s health risks.
- Connect and collaborate with various kinds of public health professionals, including (but not limited to) researchers, policy makers, program evaluators, health care practitioners, hospital and clinic administrators, and community advocates.
- Use a dynamic online course platform that promotes strong relationships and extensive interaction among students and faculty.
- Get personal, one-on-one attention from your instructors.
The graduate certificate confer practical skills such as grant writing, program design and evaluation, data analysis, and public health research.
Program Requirements & Guide
Please refer to the Program Guide for an overview of program requirements and a current program of study. To see all of the graduate certificate guides for an overview of degree requirements and current programs of study, visit the Graduate Certificate Requirements page.
Certificate Program Guide
Recruitment & Admissions
Core Competencies & Contact Information
Certificate in Public Health - Core Competencies
Students graduating from this program will be able to:
- Use principles of statistical inference for critical reading and interpretation of reports of statistical analysis and of public health problems;
- Apply epidemiologic methods to identify patterns of disease and injury;
- Analyze the environmental and occupational impacts on the health of a population;
- Identify and analyze major issues in health services and systems associated with the delivery, quality and costs of health care;
- Communicate theoretical principles, constructs, and models used to understand and affect the behavioral aspects of health.
APPLY TO THE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Take the next steps and apply to our certificate in Public Health program.
Learn about the application process and requirements for applying to the Graduate Certificate in Public Health.Apply Now