Dr. Ryan Petteway’s research will be highlighted tonight on the PSU Showcase, a special televised program sharing stories from the people and programs that make Portland State so important to our region. Tune in to KOIN at 7pm to catch the full program!
Dr. Ryan Petteway’s work and accomplishments include:
- Published a poem, “proc prun / roses” in the Health Affairs special issue on structural racism and health.
- Was an invited speaker/poet for Health Affairs’ issue release and briefing event on Tackling Structural Racism in Health (10/3/2023).
- Co-Presented, “Growing Community Power Towards Health Equity: Pre-Pandemic Community Greening Activity, Social Cohesion, and ‘Activation’ for COVID-19 Mutual Aid Response,” at the 2023 Interdisciplinary Association for Population Health Science conference with PhD epidemiology student Sarah-Truclinh Tran (10/4/2023).
- Served as invited speaker for the launch of the University of Maryland School of Public Health’s “Speaking of Public Health” series (10/5/2023).
- With PhD epidemiology student Sarah-Truclinh Tran (first-author), received a 2023 Poster Prize from the Interdisciplinary Association for Population Health Science (10/9/2023).
- Served as keynote speaker for the American Medical Association’s National Health Equity Grand Rounds event, Creating Accountability through Data: From Racism and Neglect to Transparency and Repair (10/10/2023).